Friday, November 10, 2006

Day 9 on Day 10

Once again didn't get to practice or blog last night, and am still behind on today...kids just complicate things.

Anyway, splurged and got myself 2 of the new "red" sweatshirts from the Gap...at first just because for a stay at home mom it's kind of funny to have alternating shirts for alternating days:


Was wondering as I bought it if wearing the TI(RED) would become a self-fullfilling prophecy and was doubting if I would wear it out and about much for risk of feeling more like a living breathing cliche than I already am...but as I was practicing last night, an alternate meaning came clear, and that sent me to the dictionary:

tired: wearied or fatiqued

(OK, then I thought that was funny cause if you're looking up the meaning of "tired" that's really no help...I imagine this endless round of work looking up as things get progressively more complex...)

Anyway, physically I am the embodiment of both of those daily, but then there's mentally. Can I not use that as motivation...turn it to a positive depending on what I'm wearied and fatigued of?

...and so we come to the list of thankfuls:

  • I'm thankful that there are big name activists like Bono out there that are a force for good and a voice for those that do not have one.
  • I am thankful to be a woman born in a country where my rights are insured...though not grateful that they are very often taken for granted and challenged.
  • On a similar note, I am thankful to see so many new voices going to our state capital...let's hear it for a more representative government....
  • I am very thankful to have the ability to vote and have my opinions heard.
  • and finally I'm thankful for my cool new sweatshirts...if only everything I have to buy could have such purpose behind it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home