Monday, November 13, 2006

Day 13 and everything since Day 10

OK, I am most sincerely begging your pardon. This blogging every day might be a tad ambitious of me. It's simply very hard when the computer is where the baby sleeps. My free time and the computer's free time don't jive.

I'm going to keep aiming for it, since I think it's really good for me, and frankly, a ton of stuff is coming up while I'm yoga-ing that I need to get out or it keeps going round and round until it pops out again in the middle of the night and I so don't need anything else keeping me from sleeping!

So, how are things going?

I'm clinging to my box tooth and nail while everything I'm doing is fighting to yank me out of it. I feel like a split personality. I want to do the yoga, but it's also the last thing I want to do. I want to sit and read the paper. I want to just sit and have a cup of tea. I want to clean the fridge...yeah, what's with that? Who would rather clean the fridge than do pretty much anything else? That's how I know my comfort zone is shrinking by the day. It's good 'cause I need one gloriously big shove, but at the same time man do I just want to stay mired where I am. Change is a lot of work and I'm inherently lazy.

Let's get down to some thanks:
  • I am thankful I am connected with a wonderful preschool where I can drop off #2 5 days a week and never have to worry about a thing. They are the cream of the crop.
  • I am thankful I have gotten to talk with my sister every week while she is abroad. She's a surgical resident and while she's home I'm lucky to talk with her every couple of months.
  • I am thankful my childhood friend now stationed in Afghanistan is well and making the most of his time there by reaching out to women and children where ever they go with what aid his battalion can give. He's simply amazing.
  • I am thankful for my fleece lined boots...they make me happy every time I slip them on.
  • I am thankful that my grandmother took the time to teach me to crochet...I can now craft beautiful handmade things for friends and family and feel close to her.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dawn, you are awesome. Keep going.

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home