Friday, November 17, 2006

Making peace with starting over

OK. It really was inevitable.

I told myself it wasn't but that was truly a bit of self-delusion on my part.

Life intervened and the streak has come to a sadly abbreviated conclusion.

#3, who is only 9 months old, became a huge ball of snot this week and reattached himself to my body. REALLY hard to bow with 22 pounds hanging onto your shirt.

I've just deleted me starting to write about a thousand excuses for why this made things impossible, but it really doesn't matter. The fact is I have small kids and sometimes they need a lot. Sometimes everyone's life needs a lot. Finding 15 minutes to practice can at times be overwhelming and that was where I was. It was too much on top of everything else. I needed to crash when I could and I did.

This is a process and I'm trying hard to not pile guilt on myself, to not feel like this is a failure of some sort, but it's hard when it's only 15 minutes.

So, I'm calling for a do-over. Same bat station, same bat channel.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OF COURSE you get a do-over, Dawn! And there is no need to give in to that guilt. The only thing that matters is this commitment and intention you have set. I admire your courage in putting your yoga practice (remember?...it's a practice!)out there for us to see. It feels to me like you are helping all of us reading this to not worry so much about being perfect. Permission to let go of perfectionism is a huge gift. Thank you!

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home