Monday, November 20, 2006

As a good friend reminded me...

...there's only so much you can do, and sometimes you have to let go to move forward.

I'm very grateful for the sentiment this week, as I am also remembering what happens after a baby gets sick. The sibs get sick. The neighbors get sick. Pretty much everyone within a 5 mile radius gets sick. The little buggers are germ distribution systems.

But worst of all...Mom and Dad get sick. Which is not pretty. Life as we know it comes to a screeching halt as we passive-aggressively maneuver for precious minutes of sleep. Which means I'm still holding the space for my meditation while very much not doing it.

I like that idea though...holding the space for my meditation. Makes me feel glow-y and in some odd way protected. Hmmm, whatever works, right?


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dawn, No Worries!

Meditation is a process (practice) and its just like when you are meditatitating and your mind wanders. . .

do I really have time for this? ... the tire on the car need changing ... did I pay that bill ...

You pull it back to focus (sometimes) and move on. You don't stop meditating, even though you know it will wander again (and again and again...)

There is no special prize in yoga heaven for yogis who always finish their 40 days without a break.

So, hang in there, keep the faith, keep the home fires burning, praise the lord and pass the ammo,(Ok I'm getting a little carried away), but you know what I mean.

Peace,
Mike

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And as a wise woman told me when I missed a day of my first 40 day practice...you still had a beautiful 13 day meditation.

It's about the journey...not the destination.

Sat Nam! Keep up!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

You guys are great, THANKS!

Hugs to you, Dawn

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home