Monday, December 04, 2006

I have not fallen off the face of the earth...

...just recovering from multiple sinus infections, bronchitis-like croupy-ness and one infected eyelid gland in the wee people. I am one tired mama.

I have, however, despite the odds, managed to continue with some meager vestige of my practice. Not that it "counts" for a 40 day challenge, but at least I kept some sort of momentum going. Chanting at 4 am while you hold a feverish baby is worthy of some credit I think? I hope so, because I'm pretty darn pround for not letting everything fall apart.

The "pause" has given me some time to reflect about how I go about things too. I always feel the need to push through, am so fabulous at applying self-guilt I should hold some sort of record, and am great at chucking it all if I can't do it "just right". Well, I managed not to this time. I resorted to what little bits I could when I could, and I have to say it really helped save my sanity at times. I have also been mulling this:

The point is the process, not the finish line.

For some reason that concept is just not a comfortable fit for me. It makes me twitchy. Being forced to have time to reflect at this point was probably good. Wasn't there someone that said something like "if it's easy, it's not worth doing"? I generally like easy and run far far away from hard. Stay tuned, this is just getting good...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home